Monday, June 8, 2020

Differential Apartheid: A New Strain


           
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.”
                                                                                     ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

  Are we lost? Have we as a humanity hit a societal dissolve? Reason seems caught by a wind of anger; swirling, with no breath safe to take...

  First of all: I'm no one. I have no claim to intellectual prowess of any kind. I'm known by many as a kind, honorable man, and with that I'll leave my human curriculum vitae off to the side while I consider my world, your world, and our world. Make no mistake, they are indeed three separate and distinct exsistances that act out in multiples a plays everyday, everywhere...

  I find this as an interesting starting point, for me at least. Many will think me less evolved for such a lowly base point to begin, and here in lay the rub which keeps us in a continuous cycle of mistake after mistake.

 “If you label me, you negate all the things I could possibly be.” Correctly or in error, this quote is attributed to Danish philosopher and theologian Søren Kierkegaard. Yes, the human tendency is to quickly identify and classify people; to assign them to a taxonomy chart. Determine where others “belong,” based on their opinions, the place of their birth, the religion to which they are an adherent, or some other pigeon-holing category. - Ronnie McBrayer
                                                               
   Mr. Brayer got the quote slightly wrong, but the intent is bang on. Labels seem to be devilish things. We have this great need to judge, decide, and place things just so they fit personal or current paradigms or needs. Maybe it makes it easier for us to move on, or formulate notions or actions? I have an idea of how labels effect myself and others, just as you do too. Yet, if we settle in here as a mean basis point to consider what's going on now in this world, it could be seen as slighting the very history thumping our collective brains at the moment?

  The simple truth here, is we've moved on from the long ago historical compendium of gross mistakes with our all to very human ability to shut bad things away. We're modern, intelligent and aware, right? Not really, but if you think you are is what bakes your cookies, have at it.

 This is the part where I explain the title of this short "Part 1" of my windy road pointed toward understanding things. It's also where the faint of soul could see clouds forever ahead for humanity, and I pity those who take this track. This world is a constantly evolving thing, and there will always be bad to go along with the good...

  Inequality has been the bain of humanity FOREVER! Whether racial, financial, social... You get the idea? Labels are the ultimate sin of omission, and Differential Apartheid is the next phase of human indifference we have to address, and correct. Like a virus, it morphs and shapes itself to continue existence. It fights and claws to sustain itself, hiding in plain sight. It waits to rear up after society creates the environment it needs to flourish. It makes CoVid look like a sniffle, and has cost literally millions and millions of lives, both in actual deaths, and souls. It is the killer of hope, dreams, and us...

  Where am I going with this? I'm not really. We are, or we all lose... See you in Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment