Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Novel Road Interview: Tawna Fenske Excerpt

Go to fullsize image
(Pssst! Her book has
something to do
with a young lady
like this...)

Join Tawna and I, December 17, as she talks about writing and her book "Making Waves". A romantic comedy due for release August 2010 

Me: Life experience in the writing process. What advice can you give writers on its importance?

Tawna: Er, I write romance, so this a question about my sex life?

I’m sure there are plenty of people imaginative enough to dream up elaborate plots without ever leaving their sofas. I’m not one of them. Sometimes I’ll gripe to my husband that my creative well has run dry. “It’s Tuesday,” he’ll say. “When did you last leave the house?” If I have to think about the answer, I know I need to get off my butt and go find people to laugh at in the mall.

I travel a lot and have had tons of interesting life experiences, but I’ve found that just taking the dog for a walk gets my creative juices going. There’s something about fresh air and beautiful scenery and picking up poop in a little bag that stimulates me as a writer.

Stimulates. We’re back to the sex thing again, aren’t we?




No comments:

Post a Comment